It turned out to be delicious!
So healthy and pretty.
I have posted this original recipe on recipezaar.com, but without any ratings, no one sees it. Please rate my recipe!
Chayote with Cauliflower and Sherry
Serves 3; Time to Make: 30 minutes
This is such a yummy recipe. Don't omit the sherry - it's the best part!
- 1 chayote squash, cut into bite-size pieces, none more than 1/2 inch thick
- 1 cauliflower, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 C hot water
- 2 Tbsp italian seasoning
- Pinch of curry powder
- 1/8 C sherry
- Heat oil and butter in a large pan, preferably a wok with a lid
- Saute onion
- Add chayote and cauliflower
- Sprinkle generously with italian seasoning
- Add water and cover pan with lid. Reduce heat
- Let sit 10 minutes, stir, then let sit another 10 minutes
- Add curry powder and sherry
- Cover and let sit another 10 minutes, or until chayote is tender