I had no intention of blogging about this (hence the bites that are missing from the below photos) but it is really, REALLY good! I was just trying to use up our leftover kale and zucchini and now have a new favorite recipe. Don't you just love when that happens? It's especially great since I never know what to do with kale anyway.
Hmmm...this is perhaps not the most beautiful food.
- 1 tortilla
- 2 large kale leaves, chopped with thick stems removed
- 1/4 of a zucchini, thinly sliced
- Cilantro, Green Onion, and Jalapenos (to taste, but if you skip this altogether, your quesadilla will be bland!)
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Butter (you can add these ingredients separately if you must, but after that you should make yourself a go-to combination for next time. Sooooo yummy and useful!)
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- Handful of Mozzarella Cheese
- In a small frying pan on medium heat, melt the garlic butter
- Add the water
- Add the kale and zucchini
- Stir and cover for 5 minutes
- Stir, then add the cilantro, green onion, and jalapeno
- Cover and let sit for 3 more minutes, or until zucchini and kale are tender
- Add mayonnaise
- Turn off heat, add mozzarella, and stir
- Put everything onto 1 side of a tortilla, then fold over
- Place your quesadilla in the toaster oven until browned. The stove top, George Foreman Grill, or oven are all fine alternatives if you don't have a toaster oven
I'm going to go make another right now!