If you love boxed macaroni and cheese, but agree that it takes too much effort to make (yes, I am unbelievably lazy) and that it costs too much money, (
cheap frugal too!) this is the Ramen noodle recipe of your dreams.
All you need are 4 ingredients...and really, you could make do with only 3 by substituting a second packet of noodles for the baggie of pasta.
Cheese Chicken Ramen Noodles
- 1 packet of Chicken or Creamy Chicken Ramen noodles
- 1 bag of Moderna Vermicelli, 7.05oz (or, if you don't have this, just a second package of noodles - this Ramen tweak makes an already budget-friendly meal even cheaper though!)
- 3/4 C milk (I've made this with almond, soy, skim, 1%, and 2% - just use whatever's on hand)
- 1 C shredded cheese (again, whatever kind you have is fine)
2. When the noodles and vermicelli are tender, drain any remaining water. Add the milk, stir, and microwave again for another 2 minutes.
3. Do not drain the milk. Add the shredded cheese and Ramen seasoning packet, stir, and enjoy the chicken-y, cheesy goodness.
Who needs Kraft when you have Cheesy Chicken Ramen?
And, of course, don't forget to try my popular Chicken Curry Ramen Recipe.